Thursday, November 24, 2011

One of the many pleasures of parenting is the music. This morning, I woke up humming. "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine!"

It is a long weekend. No one is here. The hospital is mostly empty. The cafe is closed. My doctors are not here. My nurses are not here. So far, the only familiar faces are the resident (God bless the medical residents. They never go home!) and the front desk staff. This depleted staff will not send my baby home.

"Won't let Satan 'poof' it out, I'm gonna let it shine!"

It is easy to slip into self-pity. That is not from God. God has blessed me enormously, and I will not let Satan's whispers muffle God's voice.

It is harder to be patient, as homecoming feels more imminent. Sarah looks well and seems happy. I will spend a few hours with my family having a Thanksgiving feast today. Soon we will be going home. Not today, and not as soon as I had hoped, but soon.

It is a beautiful day. Lily is singing. Sarah slept all night again, so I slept all night again. The sun is shining. The Son is my light, and He fills my life with joy.

"Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine!"

No comments:

Post a Comment